Aviosys Announce Replacement for IP Power 9858DX
The IP Power 9858DX was launched all the way back in 2013. The new Aviosys IP Power 9858-MT will replace the now obsolete IP Power 9858-DX model.
The new IP Power 9858-MT will have more functionality as well as better performance and quality such as SSH/Telnet. HTTPS/HTTP SSL 3.0. SNMPv3. and MQTT.
Both the hardware and firmware of the new 9858MT model have been improved with many new features.
IP Power 9858-MT Hardware
- Improved the protection circuit to increase system reliability. New design adopts spark quencher and TVS components for robust surge protection.
- Powering up to the last outlet state now takes just a few seconds. The earlier version waited until after full system boot to set up the power state.
- The Wi-Fi will has been removed as most customers do not use it.
- Enclosure - size / colour are the same as the 9858DX.
IP Power 9858-MT Firmware
- The IP Power 9858-MT adds support for the new MQTT 1.3.1 IoT protocol and supports both Microsoft Azure, Android and Modbus TCP/IP, BACnet/IP industrial protocols. Adding support for Modbus TCP and BACnet /IP will make system integration much easier.
- Improvements to the customer firmware update mechanism fix some situations where failure caused the system to brick. Customers can now rescue by a reinstall via TFTP.
The new IP Power 9858-MT firmware inherits all of the functions of IP Power 9850-DX. Includes SNMP support as well as Telnet and a web interface. The HTTP CGI command sets are also fully backward compatible. Your existing scripts will work with the 9858-MT without modification.
The 9858-MT is a direct plug in replacement for the IP Power 9858-DX. Existing users can plug & play the new 9858-MT easily and the new model will work seamlessly.
The new upgraded IP Power 9858-MT will be ready by mid- November. Please get in touch if you would like further details.