AKCP Introduce Live Power Usage Effectiveness Monitoring
AKCP have released an updated version of their AKCPro Server software. The new software features a new web based interface. It also includes new DCIM features including the ability to track in real time your Power Usage Effectiveness or PUE.
What is Power Usage Effectiveness
Power Usage Effectiveness describes how efficiently a data center uses energy. The data center is constructed usually to house large numbers of servers and networking infrastructure. All of the other power usages like air conditioning and lighting are solely there to support server operations. Power Usage Effectiveness is a ratio between the power supplied to your servers and the power supplied to ancillary equipment like air conditioning units. A ratio of 1 would mean that all power is being supplied to productive equipment and expending no energy on things like air conditioning or lighting and other non-IT facilities. A ratio of 1 is extremely difficult to achieve in a large data center. Typically a PUE of 1.5 – 1.8 is considered efficient. Most data centers probably run at 2.0 and above usually as a consequence of over cooling, poor design and management.
Why monitor PUE
The most obvious advantage to monitoring PUE is to reduce the power consumption on non-IT related equipment on things like over-cooling. The problem with detecting over cooling is that it requires relatively high density environment monitoring in the server cabinets. This can be achieved using the AKCP Thermal Map sensors. The Thermal Map sensors provide multiple readings at the front and back of your server cabinet. When you have achieved a sufficient density of monitoring, you can experiment with different air conditioning strategies to see which provides the level of cooling required for the lowest electrical cost.
- New sensorProbe 4 / 8 Now with PoE Power over Ethernet (PoE) is an elegant solution that allows you to dispense with an external power adapter. Now available are two new PoE enabled versions of the SensorProbe 8 and SensorProbe 4.
- Out of the Box Rack Thermal Mapping Solution Now a simple 'out of the box' solution for thermal mapping your racks. Monitoring the temperature and humidity gradients inside the rack, top to bottom and front to back is crucial to the effective running of your Servers, Switches and Routers. Alert
- Introducing the AKCP power+ series AKCP have recently announced a major new product line the Smart Power Controller and Power Strip. Both combine to provide a highly configurable and flexible cabinet power solutions including optional environmental monitoring and security functionalit
- AKCP News August 2017 AKCP have made some improvements to the temperature sensor product line (TMP00, DCT00, TMS), with a new style box. All temperature sensors will ship with this new enclosure starting 15th September 2017. Dual sensors with temperature and humidity will
AKCP securityProbe 5e Standard with Video£1,518.00 £1,265.00
AKCP securityProbe 5E Standard£1,128.00 £940.00
AKCP securityProbe 5E Standard X20£1,518.00 £1,265.00
AKCP securityProbe 5E X20 Standard with Video£2,124.00 £1,770.00
AKCP sensorProbe4 4 Port Environment Monitor£370.80 £309.00
AKCP sensorProbe2 2 Port Environment Monitor£282.72 £235.60
AKCP sensorProbe2 Environment Monitor with PoE£316.20 £263.50
AKCP sensorProbe4 4 Port Environment Monitor with PoE£408.00 £340.00
AKCP sensorProbe8 8 Port Environment Monitor with PoE£726.30 £605.25
AKCP sensorProbe8 8 Port Environment Monitor£702.30 £585.25
AKCP SensorProbe8-X20£942.90 £785.75
AKCP SensorProbe8-X60£1,487.40 £1,239.50
As low as £309.72 £258.10
AKCP sensorProbeX+£585.00 £487.50
Powered by Mirasvit Magento 2 Extensions
- Announcing the new AVTECH Room Alert 3S is now available
- AVTECH announce End of Life for Room Alert 32E and Room Alert 12E/ER
- Announcing the new AVTECH Room Alert 3S Monitor
- Help Protect Against Water Leak Damage With the AVTECH Spring Flood Sensor Promotion!
- Announcing EOL AVTECH Room Alert 4E / 4ER