Aviosys IP Power Switch 9258S Ethernet Remote Power Switch with 4 Ports
A feature rich IP power switch with the convenience of International IEC sockets.
- Remote management of 4 IEC power sockets with max 10A output
- Power on/off scheduler / timer
- Connect to your network using the built-in ethernet port
- Optional email alerts when socket power state changes
Do you need to travel to your office to reboot a machine? Do you want to cut your energy usage, reduce your carbon footprint, and save time and money?
The Aviosys IP Power 9258S is a network based power switch which will control up to 4 power sockets independently over a TCP/IP ethernet network via a web browser. Devices such as cameras, servers, PCs, or industrial applications can be switched ON, OFF, or re-booted no matter where you are without the need to be on site.
The power switch can schedule pre-set power on/off schedules, useful for energy saving and the open architecture means the switch can be modified (SDK provided) to suit your own applications. This device has CE approval and is fully ROHS Compliant.
Features of the IP Power 9285S
- Reboot Routers, Servers, PCs etc.
- Remote power management up to 4 sockets
- Timer to pre-set on/off schedules
- Email Alerts for status change
- International standard IEC 320 Inlet/Outlet connectors make it easy to use anywhere in the world.
- Supports HTTP, DHCP and IP protocols
- Password protection to maintain system stability
- Timer and scheduler functions, to automate the reboot of a servers and other devices
- Integrate with your own software using HTTP commands
- Online Firmware Updates
- Supports SNMP, WAP, DDNS
Aviosys Range Feature Comparison
|IP Power 9255 UK||IP Power 9255 EU||IP Power 9255 PRO UK||IP Power 9255 PRO EU||IP Power Switch IP9258S||IP Power Switch IP9258SP with Ping||IP Power 9850 UK||IP Power 9850 EU||IP Power Switch IP9858SP||IP Power Switch IP9858SP-NW||IP Power Switch IP9858DX-S||IP Power Switch IP9858DX-S-NW||IP Power 9820|
|Number of Output Sockets||1||1||1||1||4||4||4||4||4||4||4||4||8|
|Output Socket Type||UK Three Pin||EU Two Pin||UK Three Pin||EU Two Pin||IEC||IEC||UK Three Pin||EU Two Pin||IEC||IEC||IEC||IEC||IEC|
|Auto Ping Reboot|
Technical Specification of the IP Power 9285S
- Embedded Web Server - you just need a web browser to access the power switch and control it
- Network connectivity - 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet Network Access (RJ45 Jack)
- IEC 320 Connector design, 1 Male Inlet (power in), 4 Female Outlet (Power output switch via Ethernet)
- Timer Power Switch - can preset the time schedule to turn power ON/OFF through Internet / Ethernet
- WAP Mobile Phone Control - controllable with a GPRS telephone via WAP
- Open Code Customization - limited source code is provided to allow you to to customise the look of the web interface
- Supports Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- DDNS Support - for controlling remote devices which connect to the Internet via a dynamic IP address provided by the ISP
- Email support, if the IP address changes an email will be sent automatically
- Wake-on-LAN (WoL)
Power Schedule Options
- Set schedule for each output individually
- Reboot at a set date and time
- Select the action: turn ON, turn OFF or Turn OFF/ON
- Select frequency: once off, daily, week days, week-end
- HTTP Command - allows end-user modification into your own Webpage
- Total power control up to 15A/120VAC, 10A/240VAC, 6A/250VAC. Maximum of 6A per device
Dimension (W) 220mm x (D) 120mm x (H) 45mm
Metal CASE design
Operating Temperature Range: 0°C to 70°C
Power Consumption 5 watts max.
The Aviosys Remote Power Switches are supplied without power cables. The IP9258S takes Male C14 to Female C13 power cable 2m black, 1 per outlet/device up to a total of 4, and these are available from us by clicking on the accessories at the top of this page and adding to your basket.
What's in the Box?
- IP 9258S Power Switch unit
- Ethernet Cable
- Set-up CD
- UK Power lead for Remote Switch (EU power cable is available for no extra charge)
- Installation Instructions
- 1 Year Warranty
|Number Power Sockets||Four|
|Auto Ping Reboot||No|
|Additional Features||SNMP v1|
|Scheduled Operation||Yes - schedule on/off once per day per port|
The IP9258S can be programmed with only one event (ie on and off) per port per 24 hour period. this can be repeated every day or set by day but not many times in the same day. Of course, this can be done 'manually' form a remote location however. There...
Yes, you can label individual sockets with meaningful names. In the web interface there is a box in which you can type your own memorable labels for each socket.
The power to the PC can be controlled remotely by the Aviosys IP9258SP, but only if the PC is connected directly into one of the ports on the power switch itself. In addition, the IP address of the power switch must also be accessible remotely either...
You can set the schedule for a once a day action and repeat that every day, Monday to Friday and separately Saturday and Sunday. You can also set a delay on an action, so that On or Off won't take effect until a time has elapsed. In addition you can ...
Yes. The Aviosys IP Power 9258S and 9258SP models both have a RS232 interface that can be used to control the unit.
The timer schedule limits the number of times you can switch each port on and off to once per day.
The Power Switches are not aware of the type of devices connected to the outlets, they just switch power On or Off.
I would not recommend this for a medically critical application.
You can login to your power switch and use the Firmware Update option on the IP Power interface, or go to the manufacturer's website and download the latest firmware.
Each device has a unique MAC address so I can't tell you what the MAC address will be prior to purchase. The MAC address is on a label on the device.
You can set a schedule to switch a port On (or Off) for 2 mimutes, or indeed for any time. You can specify a date and time to switch too. However the scheduler is not designed to switch ports On and Off several times a day. So you can switch a port On...
Yes. Each of the ports can be controlled seperately using the web interface as well as using the Telnet and web based API.