AKCP Siren & Strobe Light
The combined strobe light and siren can add eye-catching audio visual alarms to the sensorProbe or securityProbe range. Perfect for alerting workers to potential problems in the server room environment.
The combined strobe light and siren can add eye-catching audio visual alarms to the sensorProbe or securityProbe range. Perfect for alarming in a manned environment.
The siren and strobe light are both incorporated into a single device so that only a single RJ-45 connector is required.
The sensor is attached to 5 feet of CAT 5 cable. The siren can be wired through your existing structured cabling system in order to extend the range of the siren by up to 100 feet. The extra range gives you a lot of flexibility over where you can position the siren.
When a combined siren / strobe light is plugged into the RJ-45 port, the sensorProbe will automatically detect the probe, and display the status of the device.
The siren / strobe light can be triggered manually, through the web interface, or it can be configured to turn on at certain times. The device can also be triggered by an alarm condition generated by the sensorProbe.
A common situation is for a sensorProbe to monitor the temperature in a server room. When the temperature rises above an acceptable level the Siren/strobe light is activated in a manned network operation centre (NOC) or other permanently manned area. The personnel can then undertake whatever action is needed to mitigate the problem.
- Measurement range: Alarm or Normal
- Communications cable: RJ45 jack to sensor using UTP Cat 5 wire
- Sensor type: Open/closed contact switch
- Power source: Powered by the securityProbe or sensorProbe base unit. No additional power needed
- Power consumption: Typical 556.50 mWatt, 111.30mA
- Measurement rate: Multiple readings every second
- Alarmsound: 100dB ±3dB at 100cm
- Strobe flash frequency: 400 times/minute
- Light source: Super bright LEDs x8
- Compatible base units: all sensorProbe monitors, all securityProbe monitors and E-sensor8