Environment Monitor with 8 sensor ports + 20 dry contact inputs.
- Connect up to 8 x sensors with a wide range of applications and 20 x dry contacts
- Built-in web server and software
- SNMP compliant including MIBs
- Configurable alerts via email or SNMP traps. Lots more alerting options when using the free AKCess Pro software
The AKCP sensorProbe8-X20 is a self-contained out-of-the-box solution for remote monitoring and management of external devices such as data centre equipment, HVAC, security equipment, UPS, generators or industrial equipment. SensorProbe8 saves you the cost and hassle of installing a separate software application to monitor your environmental conditions.
Dry Contact Systems
Many different types of equipment and devices use dry contact outputs to send alarm signals to remote panels, remote monitoring systems, and building management systems. Communicating the status of these dry contact systems is important in a complex Enterprise network, or automation industry to protect mission critical installations.
The SP8X-20 comes with 8 full autoSense RJ-45 ports for connecting any AKCP intelligent sensor. An additional 20, 2-wire dry contact ports are provided giving a total of up to 28 dry contact ports or a combination of dry contact and sensor. The specially designed 2 wire dry contact ports are easy to use and allow you to make your own dry contact cables quickly and easily.
Features of the AKCP sensorProbe8-X20
- Network enabled built-in web server and SNMP support
- Notifications via email, SMS (via gateway) and SNMP traps
- 8 ports to connect any AKCP sensor
- 20 dry contact ports for monitoring and alerting to status of devices
- Integrates easily into any existing SNMP based Network Management System
- Unlimited lifetime support
Sensors for the sensorProbe8-X20
Any of the eight ports present on the sensorProbe8 can be used to plug in any of the wide range of AKCP sensors, including temperature, combined temperature & humidity, wetness, airflow, smoke, motion, power presence, combined siren & strobe light alarm.
All AKCP probes use CAT5 cables giving you the freedom to extend the range of the probes over your existing structured cabling infrastructure. You can make best use of your sensorProbe8 investment to monitor multiple locations without the need to install new non-standard wiring.
Industry Certifications and Network Management Systems
The sensorProbe-X20 is certified for use with:
- AdRem NetCrunch
- Big Brother
- Castle Rock SNMPc
- HP OpenView
- IBM Tivoli
- WebNM and Denika
- WhatsUp Gold
The AKCP sensorProbe8-X20 is the monitoring base unit, it does not have any built-in sensors. In order to measure anything you need to attach one or more sensors to the base unit.
|Sensor Connectors||8 x RJ-45 sensor connectors
20 x Two wire dry contact inputs
|Max. External Sensors||8|
|Supplied External Sensors||None|
|Supported External Sensors||AKCP Temperature Sensor
AKCP Combined Temperature/Humidity Sensor
AKCP Airflow Sensor
AKCP Digital Voltmeter
AKCP Dry Contact Sensor
AKCP Smoke Detector Sensor
AKCP Motion Detector Sensor
AKCP Power Detector Sensor
AKCP Security Sensor
AKCP Spot Water Detection Sensor
AKCP Rope Water Sensor
AKCP ropeFuel Sensor
sensorProbe Range Feature Summary
|AKCP sensorProbe2||AKCP sensorProbe2 PoE||AKCP sensorProbe2+||AKCP sensorProbe4||AKCP sensorProbe4 PoE||AKCP sensorProbe8||AKCP sensorProbe8 PoE||AKCP sensorProbe8 X20||AKCP sensorProbe8 X60|
|Extended Dry Contact Inputs||None||None||None||None||None||None||None||20||60|
|Supplied External Sensors||None||None||None||None||None||None||None||None||None|
|Optional Built-in Cellular Modem|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)|
AKCess Pro Server
Installations with more than one sensorProbe or other AKCP monitoring units greatly benefit from using AKCess Pro Server software. AKCess Pro Server is a free software application created by AKCP. The application enables you to group your entire estate of AKCP monitors into a single screen, giving you centralised data logging and alert configuration.
- Web based interface so you can manage from anywhere;
- Extensive map support with drill down to cabinet level;
- Extensive notification options taking into account sensor, power or access control status;
- Easy notification configuration with the Notification Wizard. Extensive alert actions like SNMP traps, Email, Popup Messages, SMS, Remote Unlock;
- Extend with your own scripts for complex sensor input or alert notifications.
What's in the Box?
- 1 x sensorProbe8-X20 base unit
- 1 x power adapter with power cord
- 1 x 5ft. ethernet cross over cable
- Help CD
- Printed manual
|Max External Sensors||
8 x Sensors / Dry Contacts
20 x Dry Contacts
|External Sensors Supported|
|External Sensors Supplied||
|User Interface||Built in web interface|
|Alerting||Email, Siren / Strobe Light, SNMP Trap|
|Dimensions||Size 45.7cm x 12.7cm x 4.1cm|
8 x RJ-45 Sensor Ports / Dry Contacts
20 x 2 Wire Dry Contacts. Input only up to 5VDC and up to 40VDC in opto isolated mode using internal jumper setting.
Configurable output signals (0VDC/5VDC) on any of the 8 RJ-45 sensor ports
Temperature : Min. -35° C - Max.80° C
Humidity : Min. 20% - Max. 80% (Non-Condensing)
Standard 100MB Full Duplex
Ethernet RJ-45 Port
LED indication for Power
LED for Network Connectivity
LED for sensor online and threshold status
|Power over Ethernet||N/A|
Manufactured using highly integrated, low power surface mount technology to ensure long term reliability.
1.90 Watt, 0.21A
|Temperature Units||Celsius / Fahrenheit|