AKCP Dry Contact Sensor
The AKCP Dry Contact Sensor is a simple two wire connection to burglar alarms, fire alarms or any application that requires monitoring by the sensorProbe. Dry contact sensors are user definable and can be used to detect many different inputs such as UPS status, security systems, air conditioning status.
Dry contact probes can be used as either an input or output. When used as an output it can source up to 20 mAmps. You can select the output voltage by setting the Output Level to a Low or a High. When set to Low the pin will output 0 volts. When set as a High the pin will output 5 volts.
When used as an input a switch will retain any error condition until it is read via SNMP. Therefore if a switch encounters a critical condition at any time it must report that condition before it can return to a normal state.
Input pins can be used to detect whether or not an input switch is open or closed. In combination with external sensors, input pins can detect whether a door or window is open or closed, if there is a water incursion and many other conditions.
- Measurement range: Alarm or Normal
- Communications cable: RJ45 jack to sensor using UTP Cat 5 wire
- Sensor type: Open/closed contact switch
- Measurement rate: Multiple readings every second
- Current Range: Can sink up to 20 mAmps
- Power source: Powered by the securityProbe or sensorProbe base unit. No additional power needed
- Input voltage range: 0 to 5 volts
- Normal input voltage is settable under software
- Normally open, normally closed is settable under software
- Up to 2 dry contact sensors per sensorProbe2, 8 per sensorProbe8 or securityProbe8
- Full autosense including disconnect alarm
- Compatible base units: all sensorProbe monitors, all securityProbe monitors and E-sensor8