AKCP 4-20 mAmp Converter
The 4-20 mAmp converter is often used to attach industrial PT100 and PT1000 based temperature sensors to your AKCP environment monitor.
The 4-20 mAmp converter is often used to attach industrial PT100 and PT1000 based temperature probes to the sensorProbe2, sensorProbe4 or sensorProbe8.
Using the 4-20 mAmp converter two wire 4-20 mAmp probes can now be integrated into the sensorProbe, sensorProbe+ and securityProbe ranges enhancing them with the addition of graphing, web interface, email, thresholds and limits.
The 4-20 mAmp converter enables the AKCP sensors to support a wide range of specialist sensors not supplied by AKCP directly. Sensors like:
- Air Pressure Sensor
- Photo Electric Light Sensors
- Soil Moisture Sensors
- Toxic Gas Sensors
- Radiation Sensors
- Water Flow Sensors
4-20 mAmp technology is used to communicate analog signals over long distances where electrical interference may be a problem. Current signals are much less susceptible to electrical noise than voltage signals.
- Input current range: +4 mA to +20 mA
- Output voltage range: +0.8 V to +4.0 V
- Linearity: ±0.09 % Full Scale, Maximum
- Accuracy: ±0.15% Full Scale (± 0.3% Full Scale, Maximum)
- Power supply: +5 V DC
- Power consumption: Typical 120.20 mWatt, 24.04mA
- Operating temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- Input connector: Two terminal, Iin(+) and Iin(-), for current loop
- Output connector: RJ45 jack to converter using UTP Cat 5 wire
- Compatible base units: all sensorProbe monitors, all sensorProbe+ monitors and all securityProbe monitors and E-sensor8