AKCP Water Detection Sensor
The AKCP Water Detector Sensor is an advanced microprocessor based design capable of detecting the presence of water even when it has been distilled.
Most water detectors use a technology which measures the resistance of the water. The level of resistance depends upon the presence of electrolytes in the water. The water in some areas is too clean, therefore the resistance is high and the typical water detector will not work correctly.
All of the microprocessor circuitry is encased in epoxy allowing the water detector to function while submerged in water.
The SensorProbe will retain any error condition until it is read via an SNMP GET. Therefore if a water detector encounters a critical condition at any time it will report that condition before it returns to a normal state.
The Water Detector Sensor detects water leaks and flooding with a WET/DRY indication in software. Web browser interface available. When an alarm condition is activated the description and location of the fault can be sent via email.
- Measurement range: Wet or Dry ( -20°C +60°C)
- Measurement accuracy: Able to measure distilled water
- Sensor type: Patent pending, microprocessor controlled, capacitance measurement technology
- Power source: Powered by the securityProbe or SensorProbe base unit. No additional power needed
- Communications cable: RJ45 jack to sensor using UTP Cat 5 wire
- Measurement rate: Multiple readings every second
- SensorProbe auto detects the presence of the water sensor
- Up to 2 water detectors per sensorProbe2, 8 per sensorProbe8 or securityProbe8
- Full autosense including disconnect alarm
- Compatible base units: sensorProbe2, sensorProbe4, sensorProbe8, sensorProbe8-X20, sensorProbe8-X60, securityProbe5ES, securityProbe5ES-X20, securityProbe5ES-X60, securityProbe5ESV, securityProbe5ESV-X20, securityProbe5ESV-X60 and E-sensor8
Q: Can we use the sensors of AKCP in AVTECH room alert 3 or 4E?
No. You can only use the AVTECH Software sensors with the Room Alert products. If you want to use a specific AKCP sensor, then you would need to use one of the ACKP sensorProbe models or one of the sensorProbe models to attach it to.
Q: Can we use any camera (video) with AVTECH?
The AXIS cameras are supported by the AVTECH Device ManageR software. Other IP based cameras may work but we have not tested them so we cannot be absolutely sure that they are fully compatible.
Ask a new question
If you have any questions about this product or have any feedback about this page please complete the form below and one of our Technical agents will get back to you ASAP.
Alternatively, if you need an immediate answer, you can telephone our Technical agents for free on 0800 612 1357.
Please see our contact us section for opening times or if you require customer service assistance.