AKCP Security Probe
The Security sensor is a magnetic on/off switch used as an input to the SensorProbe range of environmental monitors. Security Sensors come in pairs. They are active switches that close when one half of the sensor is in close proximity to its mate. When the two sensor pairs are moved apart from each other they open. The sensorProbe senses closure and opening and reports the condition.
Security Sensors can be wired in series so that multiple sensors can use a single port on the sensorProbe. There are no reasonable limits on the distance of the security sensors from the sensorProbe. Security sensor with an ALARM/NORMAL indication in software. Can have an unlimited number of security sensors. Security sensors can detect doors, windows. SNMP interface for alarm/normal status. SNMP traps sent when critical. SNMP polling via get available. Web browser interface available. When an alarm condition is activated the description and location of the fault can be sent via email, page.
Specifications & Features of the AKCP Security Probe
- Measurement range: Alarm or Normal
- Communications cable: RJ45 jack to sensor using UTP Cat 5 wire, Maximum extension cable length 305m (1000 ft.) with approved low capacitance shielded cable or UTP
- Sensor type: open/closed contact switch
- Power source: powered by the sensorProbe. No additional power needed
- sensorProbe auto detects the presence of the security sensor
- Measurement rate: multiple readings every second
- Up to 2 security sensors per sensorProbe2, 8 per sensorProbe8 or securityProbe5E (more with extension units)
- Full autosense including disconnect alarm
- Compatible base units: sensorProbe2, sensorProbe4, sensorProbe8, sensorProbe8-X20, sensorProbe8-X60, securityProbe5ES, securityProbe5ES-X20, securityProbe5ES-X60, securityProbe5ESV, securityProbe5ESV-X20, securityProbe5ESV-X60 and E-sensor8
Ask a new question
If you have any questions about this product or have any feedback about this page please complete the form below and one of our Technical agents will get back to you ASAP.
Alternatively, if you need an immediate answer, you can telephone our Technical agents for free on 0800 612 1357.
Please see our contact us section for opening times or if you require customer service assistance.