AKCP Rope Water Sensor
The AKCP ropeWater is a rope style water sensor ideal for monitoring for water leaks and flood detection under raised floor, or false ceiling areas for example.
For use with the AKCP sensorProbe and securityProbe range of environment monitors, the sensing rope cable is available from a 3m/10ft minimum to any custom run length of up to 50m/165ft. The non-sensing connector part of the cable comes with a standard 6m/20ft run length which then connects to any of the RJ45 Intelligent sensor ports on the AKCP base units using standard CAT 5/6 LAN cable.
- Detects the presence of water if any portion of the rope becomes wet
- Customisable length enabling the rope to have a specified ‘sensing’ region - in the target area and a non-sensing region from the rope to the sensing module
- Up to 50 meters of rope sensing is possible
- Connects to AKCP intelligent sensor ports
- Measurement range: Wet or Dry ( -20°C +60°C)
- Measurement accuracy: Able to detect the presence or non-presence of water
- Sensor type: Patent pending, capacitance measurement technology
- Power consumption: Typical 125 mWatt, 25 mA
- Communications cable:
- RJ45 jack to main sensor module using UTP Cat 5 cable. Maximum extension cable run length is 30m
- Comes fully assembled including the Water sensing rope, the non-sensing cable that connects the rope to the sensing module and the main sensing module that connects via CAT5 LAN cable to the sensorProbe / securityProbe 5E
- Sensing rope cable can be pre-ordered from a 10ft minimum to any custom run length of up to 165ft or 50m
- Non-sensing cable comes in a standard 20ft run length
- Compatible base units: sensorProbe2, sensorProbe4, sensorProbe8, sensorProbe8-X20, sensorProbe8-X60, securityProbe5ES, securityProbe5ES-X20, securityProbe5ES-X60, securityProbe5ESV, securityProbe5ESV-X20, securityProbe5ESV-X60 and E-sensor8
Please contact us or phone +44 (0)1943 465918 for lengths longer than 3m or for customised lengths
Ask a new question
If you have any questions about this product or have any feedback about this page please complete the form below and one of our Technical agents will get back to you ASAP.
Alternatively, if you need an immediate answer, you can telephone our Technical agents for free on 0800 612 1357.
Please see our contact us section for opening times or if you require customer service assistance.