AKCP 4-20 mAmp Converter
The 4-20 mAmp converter is often used to attach industrial PT100 and PT1000 based temperature probes to the sensorProbe2, sensorProbe4 or sensorProbe8.
Using the 4-20 mAmp converter two wire 4-20 mAmp probes can now be integrated into the sensorProbe2, sensorProbe4, sensorProbe8 or securityProbe 5e enhancing them with the addition of graphing, web interface, email, thresholds and limits.
The 4-20 mAmp converter enables the AKCP sensors to support a wide range of specialist probes not supplied by AKCP directly. Probes like:
- Air Pressure Sensor
- Photo Electric Light Sensors
- Soil Moisture Sensors
- Toxic Gas Sensors
- Radiation Sensors
- Water Flow Sensors
4-20 mAmp technology is used to communicate analog signals over long distances where electrical interference may be a problem. Current signals are much less susceptible to electrical noise than voltage signals.
- Input current range: +4 mA to +20 mA
- Output voltage range: +0.8 V to +4.0 V
- Linearity: ±0.09 % Full Scale, Maximum
- Accuracy: ±0.15% Full Scale (± 0.3% Full Scale, Maximum)
- Power supply: +5 V DC
- Power consumption: Typical 120.20 mWatt, 24.04mA
- Operating temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- Input connector: Two terminal, Iin(+) and Iin(-), for current loop
- Output connector: RJ45 jack to converter using UTP Cat 5 wire
- Compatible base units: sensorProbe2, sensorProbe4, sensorProbe8, sensorProbe8-X20, sensorProbe8-X60, securityProbe5ES, securityProbe5ES-X20, securityProbe5ES-X60, securityProbe5ESV, securityProbe5ESV-X20, securityProbe5ESV-X60 and E-sensor8
Ask a new question
If you have any questions about this product or have any feedback about this page please complete the form below and one of our Technical agents will get back to you ASAP.
Alternatively, if you need an immediate answer, you can telephone our Technical agents for free on 0800 612 1357.
Please see our contact us section for opening times or if you require customer service assistance.