4 Port Power Switch with Ping IP9258SP
Available with EU power cable-Specify at order time
Do you travel to your office just to reboot a machine? Do you want to cut energy usage, reduce your carbon footprint, and save time and money?
IP9258SP is a Remote IP Power Switch that will control up to 4 outlets independently over a TCP/IP Ethernet network or a web browser. Devices such as cameras, servers, PCs, or industrial applications can be switched ON, OFF, or re-booted no matter where you are without the need to be on site, saving you time and money and even avoiding potential device damage.
The Power Switch can even be controlled using a GPRS phone via WAP. A Timer Power Switch enables the user to pre-set power on/off schedules, useful for energy saving and the open architecture means the switch can be modified (SDK provided) to suit your own applications. This device has CE approval and is fully ROHS Compliant.
- International standard IEC 320 Inlet/Outlet connectors make it easy to use anywhere in the world
- Supports HTTP, DHCP and IP protocols
- Password protection to maintain system security
- Watchdog design avoids abnormal network interruptions
- Timer and scheduler functions, to automate the reboot of a server
- HTTP integration into your webpage
- Online Firmware Updates
- Supports SNMP, WAP, DDNS
- Email Alerts
- Linux based
- Embedded Web Server - No PC needed for the unit to operate
- 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet Network Access (RJ45 Jack)
- IEC 320 Connector design, 1 Male Inlet (power in), 4 Female Outlet (Power output switch via Ethernet)
- Timer Power Switch -- can preset the time schedule to turn power ON/OFF through Internet / Ethernet
- WAP Mobile Phone Control – controllable with a GPRS telephone via WAP
- Open Code Customization -- provided Source Code for user to modify to fit its own system application
- Support Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- DDNS Support - for controlling remote devices which connect to the Internet via a dynamic IP address provided by the ISP
- Email support, if the IP address changes an email will be sent automatically
- Wake-on-LAN (WoL)
Power Schedule Options
- Power reboot by Ping
- Set schedule for each output individually
- Reboot at a set date and time
- Select the action: turn ON, turn OFF or Turn OFF/ON
- Select frequency: once off, daily, week days, week-end
- HTTP Command - allows end-user modification into your own Webpage
- Total power control up to 10A/120VAC, 10A/240VAC, 7A/250VAC. Maximum of 6A per device
- RS232 for UART control
Dimension (W) 220mm x (D) 120mm x (H) 45mm
Metal CASE design
Operating Temperature Range: 0°C to 70°C
Power Consumption 5 watts max.
The Aviosys IP 9258SP is supplied with:
- IP 9258SP Power Switch
- Ethernet Cable
- Set-up CD
- UK Power lead for Remote Switch
- 1 Year Warranty
Male C14 to Female C13 power cable 2m black. 1 per outlet/device up to a total of 4.
Q: Can I remotely control the Aviosys IP9258SP on my home broadband network?
The power to the PC can be controlled remotely by the Aviosys IP9258SP, but only if the PC is connected directly into one of the ports on the power switch itself. In addition, the IP address of the power switch must also be accessible remotely either using the port forwarding feature on your broadband router or by using fixed IP address given to you by your ISP.
Q: Can I use this device to switch on my heating remotely with my mobile or does it have to be connected to my house phone?
Q: Can you post the IP Power 9258S to Greece?
Yes we can post to Greece, delivery is 50 GBP via a courier service (TNT). The simplest way to purchase is through the online shop, you just need to choose Greece as the country and the system will calculate the delivery for you. Including VAT (tax) and delivery, the total cost is 185.99GBP or approximately 218.65 Euros at the current exchange rate.
Q: Is it possible to use the Aviosys IP Power IP9258SP to turn off/on a dsl router once internet connectivity is lost?
Yes. Simply configure the IP address for the IP Power 9258SP to ping, the number of consecutive pings that need to fail and the power port into which the router is connected to the unit. Then when the remote IP address fails to respond to the number of consecutive pings you have specified it will stop and then start the power to your broadband router.
Q: Can the IP9258SP be used to control low energy lighting, e.g. LEDs or CFLs?
The Power Switches are not aware of the type of devices connected to the outlets, they just switch power On or Off.
Q: I want to use the IP Power 9258S to turn on and off a machine that delivers Oxygen to my mother in another part of the country.
I would not recommend this for a medically critical application.
Q: I'm interested to buy a 4 Port Power Switch with Ping IP9258SP. I will place such device in a LAN. For security reasons, i will need the mac adress of that device. Is it possible to get the mac adress of this device?
Each device has a unique MAC address so I can't tell you what the MAC address will be prior to purchase. The MAC address is on a label on the device.
Ask a new question
If you have any questions about this product or have any feedback about this page please complete the form below and one of our Technical agents will get back to you ASAP.
Alternatively, if you need an immediate answer, you can telephone our Technical agents for free on 0800 612 1357.
Please see our contact us section for opening times or if you require customer service assistance.